“We must strive to reach that simplicity that lies beyond sophistication.”
By now you must have seen quite a few of those BlogRush widgets in blog sidebars... Heck, there's even one on this blog.
I've put it up almost when it launched despite my skepticism about why the blog world would need yet another badgy widgety thing... but it was a good opportunity for me to test easy integration of widgets in b2evolution.
Then, after all the abuse going on with it, I've been meaning to take it down for quite a while but didn't get to it until today...
Imagine my surprise when I checked my stats "just to make sure" and discovered BlogRush was actually accounting for 29% of my referrals since the beginning of the week! Holly cow! B)
I guess I'll let it live a little longer then... Looks like they have solved the abuse problems!
Matt from WordPress was holding a casual WordPress meetup in Paris today. I thought I should drop by and say hello... Meet the legend, you know! ;)
(Do you realize WordPress and b2evolution actually both spun off the b2 blog software at the same time?)
It was nice chatting with Matt as well as Tony (Sphere), Xavier (NetVibes), StuFF mc (Pomcast) and the others.
(maybe I should go out more often? ... or sleep more, judging by the picture! :roll:)
- Over 12 million American adults currently maintain a blog.
- More than 147 million Americans use the Internet.
- Over 57 million Americns read blogs.
- 1.7 million American adults list making money as one of the reasons they blog.
- 89% of companies surveyed say they think blogs will be more important in the next five years.
- 9% of internet users say they have created blogs .
- 6% of the entire US adult population has created a blog .
- Technorati is currently tracking over 70 million blogs .
- over 120 thousand blogs are created every day .
- There are over 1.4 million new blog posts every day .
- 22 of the 100 most popular websites in the world are blogs .
- 120,000 new blogs are created every day .
- 37% of blog readers began reading blogs in 2005 or 2006 .
- 51% of blog readers shop online .
- Blog readers average 23 hours online each week .
"An educated mistake is better than no action at all."